All public house, restaurants, bars etc closed for the forseeable future on 20th March 2020, but this is a history site. But how about the landlords give their tenants a break, no business, then please charge them no rent.
Lambeth pub history index
The address in 1881 is at 16 Lower Tulse Hill; it is named 'The Woodcock' in the 1911 census summary and as 'The Two Woodcocks' in 1901
A listing of historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in the Lambeth parish, Surrey, London. This includes Kennington, Brixton, Lambeth, Norwood, Peckham & Waterloo Road.The Lambeth parish, Surrey, London Public House Trade Directory uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Residents at this address.
1881/Ann Gale/Beerhouse Keeper, Widow/74/Bramley,
1881/Emma Riddick/Niece, Domestic/22/Lambeth, Surrey/Census
1881/Jane Luff/Sister In Law, Domestic, Widow/65/Sandwich, Kent/Census
1891/Walter Sayer/Beer Retailer/37/Ashstead, Surrey/Census
1891/Emily Sayer/Wife/35/Teignmouth, Devon/Census
1891/Arthur Sayer/Son/11/Newington, London/Census
1891/Louise Sayer/Daughter/10/Newington, London/Census
1891/Ethel Sayer/Daughter/9/Lambeth, London/Census
1901/Walter Sayer/Beer Retailer/47/Ashstead, Surrey/Census
1901/Emily S Sayer/Wife/45/Teignmouth, Devon/Census
1901/Louisa Sayer/Daughter/20/Newington, London/Census
1901/Ethel Sayer/Daughter/18/Tulse Hill, London/Census
1905/Walter Sayer/Beer Retailer, 16 Tulse hill SW/../../../Post Office Directory
1911/Walter Sayer/Publican/57/Ashstead, Surrey/Census
1911/Emily Sarah Sayer/Wife/55/Teignmouth, Devon/Census
1911/Mildred Wall/Servant/18/Kennington, Surrey/Census
1934/Harry William Edward Hunt/Beer Retailer, 16 Tulse hill SW2/../../../Post Office Directory