All public house, restaurants, bars etc closed for the forseeable future on 20th March 2020, but this is a history site
Wincanton pub history index
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Somerset. The Somerset listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
Now Mr. Hutchings' Tailoring Establishment in Market Place.
- Inns of the Parish to 1903 - George Sweetman.
In 1774, kept under this name by Rachel, widow of William Jones. It had formerly been known as the ' Hare and Hounds' and was afterwards again changed to The Trooper." - Inns of the Parish to 1903 - George Sweetman.
**** Provided By Kevan