Landlords, legends, census records, and lost taverns.
York from the Scotland NLS site in 1852. .
Previously the Railway Coffee House, becoming the Refreshment Inn by 1846, and by 1858 the North Eastern Refreshment Inn; and eventually the Grapes. *HM .
1849, George Dawson, Refreshment Inn, 15 1/2 Tanner row
1851, Dawson's Refreshment Inn, Hannah Dawson, Tanner row
1851, Hannah Dawson, Dawson's Refreshment Inn, Tanner row
*HM - Hugh Murray Directory of York Pubs 1455-2003