All public house, restaurants, bars etc closed for the forseeable future from 20th March 2020, but this is a history site.
Lambeth pub history index
A listing of historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in the Lambeth parish, Surrey, London. This includes Kennington, Brixton, Lambeth, Norwood, Peckham & Waterloo Road.The Lambeth parish, Surrey, London Public House Trade Directory uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Residents at this address.
Francis Benjamin Sambell marries Mary Ann Poole in 1865
at Newington. **
1871/Francis Sambell/beer retailer/38/Deptford, Kent/Census **
1871/Margeram (sic - Mary Ann) Sambell/Wife, beer retailer/46/Crewkerne, Somerset/Census
1871/Jane Sambell/daughter/12/Launceston, Cornwall/Census
1871/Benjamin Sambell/Son/9/Stonehouse, Devon/Census
1871/William Wright/potboy/21/Lambeth, Surrey/Census
Francis Sambell is at the Marquis of Granby, 28 South Audley street in 1875 and at the Wheatsheaf, 38 Upper Chapman Street, St Georges East by 1881; whilst Jane Sambell is a barmaid at the George, 25 Old Bailey in the 1881 census. **
1881/William Edwards/Licensed Victualler/60/Essex/Census
1881/Emma Edwards/Wife/55/London, Middlesex/Census
1881/John Edwards/Brother. Licensed Victualler (Unemployed)/45/Essex/Census
1881/Mary Watchouse/General Servant/60/Leicester/Census
** Provided By Ken Ripper